When I go to my sons’ sporting events, I tend to go a little crazy taking pictures. The idea behind that is that I will be sure to get just the “right” photos. However, I still usually end up with more than I need for a layout. It’s a good thing I enjoy photo-filled pages! For this layout of my son’s first pin in wrestling, I opted to print my photos as 2-up collages so I could fit more photos on my layout and still achieve a clean look. I kept the photo of the actual pin as a 4×6 and then matted it with white cardstock to make it stand out even more.
red acrylic paint
white alphabet stickers
scrap of 3″x4″ grid patterned paper (for journaling block)
- Start with two sheets of black cardstock for your base.
- Trim Moxxie – Winning Moves Paper down to two pieces of 5-1/2″x11-1/2″. Adhere dot side of patterned paper toward center of layout leaving 1/2″ border along top and outside edges of layout.
- Trim Moxxie – Geared Up Paper down to two pieces of 2-1/2″x11-1/2″. Adhere shoe/headgear side of patterned paper toward center of layout leaving 1/2″ border along bottom and outside edges of layout.
- On left hand page, adhere two 6×4 (or four 3×4) prints along center edge of layout.
- On left hand page, adhere two 3×4 prints between where patterned papers meet.
- On right hand page, add 3×4 journaling box and two 3×4 photos between where patterned papers meet.
- Above 3×4 photos on both pages, add 1″ strip of striped pattern of Moxxie – Geared Up Paper.
- Below 3×4 photos on both pages, add 1/2″ strip of striped pattern of Moxxie – Geared Up Paper.
- Mat 4×6 photo on white cardstock and adhere on top of right hand page as shown.
- Accent photo with “Never Give Up” sticker from Moxxie – Wrestling Alpha Sticker.
- In upper left section of left hand page, add title. I used a mix of painted chipboard alphas and white letter stickers.
*When completing this layout, I had a paint spill onto the page. To cover up my mistake, I added a 1/2″ section of the striped pattern from Moxxie – Geared Up Paper across the top of the dot pattern.