I love stripes. I love striped paper. However a whole sheet of striped paper could be a bit overwhelming to a scrapbook layout. To break up the great striped paper I used from the Fancy Pants “Little Sport” line, I opted to cut it into three large strips and mat them on cardstock. By spacing them out equally, I was able to simple add my photos and a few simple embellishments. Quick layout!
- Start with a sheet of kraft paper for the base of your layout.
- Cut three sections of 3-1/2” x 11-1/4” from Fancy Pants – Little Sport – Jersey Paper (stripe).
- Mat three sections on red cardstock allowing 1/8” borders around the edges.
- Adhere three sections evenly spaced on kraft paper.
- Mat 4×6 photo (I trimmed mine slightly) on Fancy Pants – Little Sport – Flags Paper (blue) and adhere slightly angled to right, center of layout.
- Mat second 4×6 photo on Fancy Pants – Little Sport – Pinstripe Paper (light blue) and adhere slightly overlapping first photo.
- Add star diecut from Fancy Pants – Little Sport – Die Cut Pieces under right photo.
- In upper left corner, add red banner strip from Fancy Pants – Little Sport – Die Cut Banners .
- Top banner strip with “Go Team” diecuts from Pants – Little Sport – Die Cut Pieces. (I adhered with pop dots to add dimension.)
- Cut grid strips from outside border of Fancy Pants – Little Sport – Die Cut Banners (diecut sheet). Journal on strips and adhere below photo on the left.