Scouts spend a lot of time working on their Pinewood Derby cars and the day of the event is filled with excitement! Here’s a great layout by Tanya that is sure to highlight all those special pictures!
- 2 pieces Kraft cardstock
- 1 piece American Crafts we’re Number one Paper
- 1 sheet It Takes Two Pinewood Derby Paper
- Edge Distresser
- Charcoal ink
- White Ribbon
- Pop dots
- White Fleur de-lis- Creative Imaginations
- Cut the word Pinewood Derby off of the It Takes Two Derby Paper
- Distress the edges of the title and the large rectangle, then ink with charcoal ink
- Mat ‘Pinewood Derby” with distressed, inked green cardstock
- Trim a little off of the bottom of the American Crafts We’re Number 1 paper, then cut a stripe off the left side
- Distress and ink the edges
- Attach AC paper to Kraft cardstock and layer Scout paper on top of it.
- Trim the edges of three pictures into a circle shape (I used a plate)
- Mat the photo circle with a larger circle of Kraft cardstock
- Distress and ink the edges of the photo circle and the Kraft mat
- Adhere matted photos to layout slightly off the edge & trim the edge
- Add a fourth photo to the empty spot in the photo circle
- Add pleated ribbon across the bottom of the layout (using adhesive)
- Add a pleated stripe of Scout paper on top of the ribbon
- Punch a circle out of green cardstock, distress and ink the edges and cut in half
- Attach circles to top & bottom of the layout
- Trim a rectangle out of green cardstock, ink and distress the edges
- Attach pleated ribbon to both sides of the title
- Adhere title to layout with pop dots.
- Attach the fleur-de-lis to the layout
- Journal and doodle on the layout
Pinewood Derby Layout by Tanya Smith
Click Here for printable instructions and to purchase all the products you’ll need to create this layout.